Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. Digital payments can be made via PayPal, Google, and Venmo. To make a payment with your credit card, click Pay Now. You’ll be taken to a secure website where you can enter your credit card information.
Advance payments will be refunded in full for appointments cancelled 24 hours before the start of the appointment.
Counseling sessions last 45-50 minutes. The cost for a session with our different counselors is listed below:
- Raffi Bilek – $150
- Michelle Hoffman – $120
- Caitlin Hill – $120
- Ann Ebhojiaye – $120
- Lisa D. Fisher – $120
- Gerard Grigsby – $100
Double sessions and sliding scale options are available.
For a reference point, see the below graph, provided by Thumbtack.com, showing average cost for a counseling session in Baltimore.
After using any of the above services to pay your fees, that service may send you receipts for payment by email or text message. These receipts will include our business name, and would indicate that you have paid for a therapy session. It is possible the receipt may be sent automatically, without first asking if you wish to receive the receipt. We are unable to control this in many cases, and we may not be able to control which email address or phone number your receipt is sent to. Please consider which e-mail address or phone numbers you are using and who may have access to them..
Clients are required to cancel at least 24 hours before the start of their appointment. Clients who cancel within 24 hours of the appointment or do not show up as scheduled are required to pay the full session fee.
We do not work with insurance companies directly, but our services can be billed to most insurance carriers as an out-of-network provider. This means that we are not in the insurance company’s network of providers, but depending on your plan, you may be able to get reimbursed for our services. You can call your insurance carrier to find out what your out-of-network benefits are, or you can call us and provide us information to check on your behalf. Specifically, you should find out:
- Whether you have out-of-network benefits. If you do, this means your insurance will pay for you to see a therapist who is not in their network of healthcare providers.
- Whether you have a deductible. If you do, this means you will have to pay out of pocket until you have paid the amount of the deductible, and only then will your insurance carrier pay for your visits. (For example, if you deductible is $1000, you will have to pay our fee of $100 for 10 sessions before your insurance will start paying.)
- Whether there is a limit to how many sessions your insurance carrier will pay for.
- Whether you will have to pay a co-pay (a fixed amount every time you visit, for example, $20) or co-insurance (a percentage of the fee for every visit, for example, 40%).
- Whether you need a referral from your primary care physician.
Please note that in all cases payment is due at the end of your session. If you wish to seek reimbursement from your insurance company we will be happy to provide an invoice (sometimes known as a “superbill”) you can send them so that they can reimburse you. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance on this topic.
Questions? Please contact us for further information.
These are definitely challenging times. COVID-19 has us cooped up in a serious way, and many of us are dealing with any number of other problems, including employment, schooling, and possibly health. Your marriage is […]
Let’s be real. This is, in the true sense of the word, unprecedented. We’re all a little anxious. We all know people who are in the higher-risk category. Many of us are facing a good […]
If you’re really old school, you may be thinking that the title of this post refers to the quaint, genuine, and meaningful “I love you.” If you’re a little more modern, perhaps you’ve heard that […]