Here are some tips and guidelines to help you prepare to have a successful online session:
- Make sure you have a stable and secure internet connection. If you can be close to the router or even plug into it, that will help with a good connection.
- Close any other tabs or programs you have running that may be taking up internet bandwidth. This might include
- Other tabs on your browser
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or other cloud/backup services
- Check also for other devices that might be using the internet.
- Make sure you are in a private space with nobody else around, and where nobody can walk in on your session.
- Consider putting on a fan or noise machine if you need to block the sound from others in an adjacent room.
- Use headphones if you want to ensure that nobody else can hear your provider speaking.
- Avoid using your phone if possible – a bigger screen is a better option if it’s available.
- If you are using a mobile device, please place it on a desk or table with the camera about level with your eyes, rather than holding it in hand.
- Try to use a well-lit space, and avoid having a bright light source directly behind you.
Your provider will be abiding by the same guidelines.
October 5 Couples Counseling vs. Co-parenting – Which Do We Need?
When two people share a child in common, the relationship between the two of them is hard to sever entirely. Certainly when the children are young there is a lot of physical care that goes […]
By Raffi Bilek, LCSW-CRead More..